Friday, August 21, 2009

My first day at school!

OK. First day at preschool, actually Mother's Day Out, and since it is technically summer, this week was the final SPLASH week, so he wore his bathing suit on the first day of class. Here he is walking into the building this morning.
When I picked him up, he was in the big gym, waiting to swing on a giant rope. The leader lifted him onto the rope, and then lifted him off (no swinging). I thought maybe he had seen us. When he was walked out to us, I asked him about his day, and he said it was good. I was carrying him at this point, and he leaned in and whispered that he had been scared to do the water slide and the rope swing. I asked why he was scared of the water slide, and he said that he went on the slide one time, and he went into the water at the bottom and "got scared." I told him it was OK. The more new things you try, the easier it will become. Today was another milestone day!

No comments: