Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Great Egg Mix-Up

One of these days, I will learn. Do not send someone else to the store to buy eggs on the evening before the great Easter Egg Dye 2011 (after you have already boiled all of the eggs for dying). No one is at fault, but here is the sad result:


After dying about 3 dozen eggs, the third egg hit the driveway. All four of the kids looked completely shocked. I was sitting in a lawn chair, and I asked, "What's wrong? Just get another egg." I looked under the table and saw this. Yikes! Since the kids were pulling from all of the egg cartons, we have no idea which eggs are boiled and which eggs are raw. And yes, we tried to shake them. After a brief egg toss, and a much longer period of time spent hosing raw egg off the driveway, sidewalk, and front yard, Egg Dye 2011 was OVER.

1 comment:

Reckless said...

:( That face makes me want to cry.