Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Day, Sniffles, and Cold Hard Cash

Some days seem to rush by, while others barely creep. We have had a busy week! On Sunday, Carly and Eva began practicing to participate as "Biblical Children" in our church's Christmas production. On Tuesday, Michael and I voted together. The really cool part was that we were able to take Carly with us (and Broden, but he doesn't care). She stood by my side as I cast my ballot. That night, I showed her how to shave. While completely unrelated, these were both signs of encroaching adulthood. On Thursday, we found out a little more about Broden. I have not yet shared that information here, but he will be having extensive dental work under general anesthesia in December. The unexpected cost is extremely high, and we have been scrambling to find the cash. However, generous gifts from my family have put us within reach of the cash needed for the operation. To make everything a little better, I was knocked out by a cold yesterday. The trick is keeping everyone else from getting sick! Broden was happy to spend his free time loving on dad, and leave me to suffer alone.

No comments: